Hi Y’all, welcome back! This week, I have rounded up my top devotionals and books that I have found to be encouraging within my walk in faith.
Things that I look for when picking out the best devotionals!
I try to find one that does not limit myself to a specific date for reading. I want to be able to open my devotional and hear the Lord’s word speak through me at any point in time. I don’t like to be restrained to only a couple pages for the specific day – sometimes, you just have a lot to reflect on and that moment with the Lord should not be defined by the fact that the devotional you’re reading is for Thursday, April 12th.
Reflection. After reading a daily devotional or passage, I really enjoy the challenge of interpreting what I have just read, and being completely immersed within my conversation with the Lord. However, sometimes it’s difficult to challenge yourself. I love when I find devotionals that have already included reflection questions at the end of the devotional – this allows me to jump start the intimate conversation during my journal time.
2 Corinthians 5:8-10 says that we are confident being away from the body and at home with our Lord – that we want to please him under every circumstance.
Gracelaced: Discovering Timeless Truths Through Seasons of the Heart by Ruth Chou Simons
- This devotional was recommended to me from my sweet friend and I couldn’t be more thankful, because this has been THE BEST devotional that I have ever had!
- This devotional was crafted by an amazing author and the watercolor graphics are absolutely stunning.
- The devotionals are divided by each season: winter, spring, summer, fall & do not have a date tied to each message. There is also reflection after each message – the book does allow space for your thoughts, but I have chose to record my conversations in a separate journal so that I can continue to come back to the devotional at any point in time.
Embraced: 100 Devotions to Know God is Holding You Close by Lysa TerKeurst
- This devotional is the one that will never make it to your bookshelf, because you want to read it over and over again, season after season. There is so much truth, and comfort page after page.
- There are NO DATES – one of my favorite things to look for when searching for the perfect devotional! This devotional is perfect for opening it up and finding what you need to hear in THE moment.
100 Days to Brave: Devotions for Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self by Annie F. Downs
- I am a HUGE fan of this devotional. I picked this one up a year ago, and I still come back to it time and time again. It’s very easy to read, and has so much meaning and purpose for anyone struggling with finding their courageous self.
- Disclaimer: Although, the devotional is titled “100 Days..” – the devotional is outlined the same way, but that does not mean you must feel like you have to stick to reading every day consistently for 100 days!
There is something about finding a book that challenges you and creates those intimate moments within yourself and the Lord. Those reads that hold so much value and truth behind the word! I have rounded up a few of my favorite encouragement reads that I think you will enjoy as well.
For The Girl by Delight Ministries
- This read includes journal entries from women across the United States that share their experiences with dating and relationships and how those relationships tie back to their faith.
- If you are a girl – there is something to be read in this book! Regardless, if you are not wanting to date, in a committed relationship, married, or think you have everything figured out, the Lord will speak through these journal entries into you heart.
Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals by Rachel Hollis
- If you are experiencing any self-doubt, feeling the need to say that “you’re sorry“, or that you are not good enough for the dreams and goals you have set for yourself – Please do yourself a favor and go pick this book up.. like right now!
- This book reminds you of your worth and value, and does not allow excuses.
1 Corinthians 15:10 – By the Grace of God, I am what I am
Own Your Everyday by Jordan Lee Dooley
- I just picked this book up, and I am loving every bit of it. No matter what season of life you are experiencing right now, there is truth of the Word that will be said whether you are ready to hear it or not.
- This book empowers one going through embarrassment, doubt, comparison and many more, but ensures to put your mindset on practice, tackling obstacles with a brave heart, and eliminating those excuses that you keep telling yourself.
Thank you for reading this weeks Blog Post! I hope you have found some new reads for your walk in faith – Stay Peachy!