With that being said, during the summer, I try to read as many books as I can. This year, I have put together a reading list of new books that I am excited to read and a few throwback novels that I read at least once throughout the year. You know those items in your pantry that are considered to be “staples” – that’s my definition of a few of the novels that I re-read each year!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads, lives only one.George R. R. Martin
Preventing Abiliophobia: 1 Novel at a Time
- Own Your Everyday by Jordan Lee Dooley
- A Love Letter Life by Jeremy & Audrey Roloff
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis
- Grains of Grace by Mackenzie Watson
- Home Body by Joanna Gains
- Her Favorite Color Was Yellow by Edgar Holmes
- Uncaged Wallflower by Jennae Cecilia
- Whiskey Words & Shovel Box by r.h. Sin
- Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks
- The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- Becoming Odyssa by Jennifer Pharr Davis
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Reading gives us someplace to go, when we have to stay where we are.Unknown
I tend to read novels from authors that I have found to love for years – Nicholas Sparks, John Green, and recently I have sparked an interest with memior’s and stories that I can identify with at a point in time – hence my summer reading list is focused on finding yourself in your twenties.
Throughout the summer, I will continue to update this post if I happen to come across any other novels that catch my eye, but until then – I think this is a good reading list to begin your summer with!
I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you have any books that you are planning on reading this summer, please let me know – believe it or not, but I love finding good authors other than what I typically read – Stay Peachy!